Training

Training. That's what we're here for. In addition to our NRA sanctioned course offerings, we also offer private instruction, and a number of our own courses. Most courses are open to the general public, our Law Enforcement courses are generally restricted to law enforcement personnel.

To see our course offerings, please choose the type of course you're looking for using the links at the right.

No matter which course you choose, you can be assured of the highest standards in firearms instruction.

Safety

Learning to shoot is one thing. Learning to be a responsible and safe gun owner is another. Unfortunately gun owners are just like every other group; about 5% give the other 95% a bad reputation. Seriously, when was the last time you heard of the responsible gun owner whose trigger lock and gun safe prevented a theft or accidental injury/death?

What you do hear about are the irresponsible gun owners who leave their loaded firearm unlocked and accessible to some kid who shot his friend. This is the majority of what we hear but, by comparison to the number of guns in private ownership, these incidence's are in truth very infrequent. Unfortunately, the damage to gun rights, and gun owners in general is severe.

At Response Ability Firearms Training, LLC we strive to create not only better shooters, but more responsible gun owners. Safety briefings are conducted at the beginning of each lesson, and safety is a recurring theme throughout all classroom and range training.

Legal Issues

Make no mistake; using a firearm for self defense is serious business. If you choose to carry a firearm for personal defense, you need to be aware of the legal restrictions, legal requirements, and potential legal consequences. Our personal defense courses and training explore both civil and criminal legal issues surrounding the use of firearms in defensive situations.

Evaluation

As the saying goes, "We can't fix it, if we don't know what's broke."

Before we try to tell you what you need to do, we do an evaluation to see what you are doing already. The good, and the bad. If you're doing it right, we'll let you know so you don't end up paying for instruction that you don't need. If we can make minor adjustments, great. If we need to make major changes, we can do that to. If we need to start from the ground up, we will.

But before we do anything, we need a point to start from. We will not assume that you know everything, but neither will we assume that you know nothing. You might even teach us a thing or two.

Philosophy

As you can see, our training is comprehensive. It is more than learning to align the sights and pull the trigger. We take a comprehensive approach to shooting that encompasses the physical skills, along with the intangibles like legal issues, and put them all together to provide a complete and comprehensive training experience.


Latest News

Our Courses


NOTICE: If you are taking an approved NRA Course for the purpose of obtaining a Massachusetts Licence To Carry, the instructor must be recognized by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, or the COURSE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

Response Ability Firearms Training, LLC instructors are certified by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to teach approved courses to satisfy Massachusetts LTC Training Requirements.

Train with Confidence.


Concealed Carry